Magnifique sentence example
- The impression created by the conduct of the Light Brigade was forcibly expressed in Tennyson's well-known ballad, and in spite of the equally celebrated remark of the French general Bosquet, C'est magnifique mais ce n'est pas la guerre, it may be questioned whether the moral effect of the charge did not outweigh the very serious loss in trained men and horses involved.
- "Wace," says Gaston Paris, speaking of the Roman de Rou, " traduit en les abregeant des historiens latins que nous possedons; mais qa et la it ajoute soit des contes populaires, par exemple sur Richard I er, sur Robert I er, soit des particularites qu'il savait par tradition (sur ce meme Robert le magnifique, sur l'expedition de Guillaume, &c.) et qui donnent a son oeuvre un reel interet historique.
- Rarely do I find myself attracted enough to a perfume to actually test it out for more than a few days, but Lancôme Magnifique drew me right in.
- The latest offering is the women's perfume Magnifique, which I was delighted to test out for a couple of weeks.
- Fortunately, my first spritz of Magnifique offered great potential right from the start.Advertisement
- I've heard others state that Magnifique is easily the strongest rose scent they've used, but I'm more inclined to categorize this as a warm, rich vanilla when all is said and done.
- Lancôme Magnifique can be purchased online at the official Lancôme Web site or at Sephora.