Magnavox sentence example
- Pursuing this endeavor, the world was then introduced to the Magnavox Odyssey in 1972.
- This advance led to the release of his game and several variations on the Odyssey system by Magnavox in 1972.
- Atari's Pong made the system slightly popular, but over the next few years, Magnavox tried to capitalize on the Pong craze and the new gaming industry by attempting to release Pong for its own systems.
- Sadly, 1977 was the first video game crash, even though Atari and Magnavox continued to operate.
- The Magnavox Odyssey 2 was released in 1978, but it wasn't until 1980 when Atari ported Space Invaders to the Atari 2600 that the industry started to get back on its feet.Advertisement
- Ralph Baer applies for a U.S. patent and sells it five years later to Magnavox.
- Magnavox releases the Odyssey, which can play 12 games, including a game called Ping-Pong.
- In 1975, Magnavox gave them the rights to distribute the Odyssey in Japan.
- Ralph Baer also invented the first commercial video game console, the Magnavox Odyssey, in 1972.
- In 1966, Baer began development of the "Brown Box" which would later be known as the Magnavox Odyssey when it reached the public in 1972.Advertisement
- Historically the market share of Philips Norelco brand razors in the US market was low, but with the acquisition of Magnavox and the release of branded products in conjunction with Magnavox, they were able to acquire a larger share.
- The Magnavox product line was geared to the economical individual who sought an electronic alternative.
- After the acquisition of Magnavox, the company began to release razors marketed under just the Philips name in the 1980's, temporarily dropping the "Norelco" from their branding.