Maffei sentence example
- The Christian apologists and their pagan assailants; the Theodosian Code, with Godefroy's commentary; the Annals and Antiquities of Muratori, collated with " the parallel or transverse lines" of Sigonius and Maffei, Pagi and Baronius, were all critically studied.
- The Museo Lapidario contains a fine collection of Roman and Etruscan inscriptions and sculpture, mostly collected and published by Scipione Maffei in the 18th century.
- See the various works by Scipione Maffei (Verona Illustrate, 1728; Museum Veronense, 1749); and Th.
- A much better known Giornale was that of Apostolo Zeno, founded with the help of Maffei and Muratori (1710), continued after 1718 by Pietro Zeno, and after 1728 by Mastraca and Paitoni.
- His life has been written by Bernard Giustiniani, by Maffei and also by the Bollandists.Advertisement
- Other notices were furnished by Gori, Symbolae litterariae Florentinae (1748, 1751), by Marcello Venuti, Descrizione delle prime scoperte d'Ercolano (Rome, 1748), and Scipione Maffei, Tre lettere intorno alle scoperte d'Ercolano (Verona, 1748).
- The fortunes of Merope have furnished the subject of tragedies by Euripides (Cresphontes, not extant), Voltaire, Maffei and Matthew Arnold.
- Later works by the Jesuits Bartoli, Maffei, de Sousa, Poussines, Menchacha, Leon Pages and others owe much to Torsellino and Lucena, but also incorporate many traditions which can no longer be verified.