Maes sentence example
- The remains of Basingwerk Abbey (Maes glas, green field), partly Saxon and partly Early English, are near the station.
- In the town museum is an interesting collection of paintings, chiefly by modern artists, but including also pictures by some of the older masters, among whom Ferdinand Bol, the two Cuyps, Nicolas Maes, Godefried Schalcken, and in later times Ary Scheffer, were all natives of Dordrecht.
- Maes Garmon (the battlefield of Germanus) is about a mile west of Mold.
- The Catholic priest Andrew du Maes (1570) already pointed to the names Hebron and Dan as signs of post-Mosaic date.
- Later Maes of Clichy (France) exhibited some " zinc crown " glass in small plates of optical quality at the London Exhibition of 1851; and another French glass-maker, Lamy, produced a dense thallium glass in 1867.Advertisement
- I think it might have been spent skulking round the tents, or perhaps on the Maes, or possibly in Dinbych.