Maelmorda sentence example
- This prince was murdered in 989 and was succeeded by Sigtrygg Silkiskeggi, son of Amlaib and Gormflaith, sister of Maelmorda, king of Leinster.
- Maelmorda, king of Leinster, was taken prisoner, and Sigtrygg fled for protection to Ailech.
- Maelmorda was restored to his kingdom, Sigtrygg received Brian's daughter in marriage, whilst Brian took to himself the Dublin king's mother, the notorious Gormflaith, who had already been divorced by Maelsechlainn.
- Towards the end of Brian's reign a conspiracy was entered into between Maelmorda, king of Leinster, and his nephew Sigtrygg of Dublin.
- In the spring of 1014 Maelmorda and Sigtrygg had collected a considerable army in Dublin, consisting of contingents from all the Scandinavian settlements in the west in addition to Maelmorda's own Leinster forces, the whole being commanded by Sigurd, earl of Orkney.Advertisement
- Brian himself perished along with his son Murchad and Maelmorda.