Madeley sentence example
- John Fletcher, the vicar of Madeley, to whom Wesley had turned as a possible successor, died in 1785.
- It includes the market towns Of Broseley, Madeley and Much Wenlock.
- The parish of Madeley includes the small towns of Ironbridge and Coalport, with part of Coalbrookedale.
- Refusing the wealthy living of Dunham, he accepted the humble one of Madeley, where for twenty-five years (1760-1785) he lived and worked with unique devotion and zeal.
- His fame was not confined to his own country, for it is said that Voltaire, when challenged to produce a character as perfect as that of Christ, at once mentioned Fletcher of Madeley.Advertisement
- Our playing field was across Court Street, where the houses of Coronation Crescent now adjoin Madeley by-pass.