Maddalena sentence example
- At the northeastern extremity is a group of islands, upon one of which is the naval station of La Maddalena: farther S.E.
- All these lines (and also the minor lines from Golfo degli Aranci to La Maddalena and from Carloforte to Porto Vesme and Calasetta) are in the hands of the Navigazione Generale Italiana, there being no Sardinian steamship companies.
- From the neighborhood of Potenza, the main ridge of the Apennines is continued by the Monti della Maddalena in a direction nearly due south, so that it approaches within a short distance of the Gulf of Policastro, whence it is carried on as far as the Monte Pollino, the last of the lofty summits of the Apennine chain, which exceeds 7000 ft.
- The fortresses in the basin of the Po chiefly belong to the era of divided Italy and are now out of date; the chief coast fortresses are Vado, Genoa, Spezia, Monte Argentaro, Gacta, Straits of Messina, Taranto, Maddalena.
- For purposes of naval organization the Italian coast is divided into three maritime departments, with headquarters at Spezia, Naples and Venice; and into two comandi militari, with headquarters at Taranto and at the island of Maddalena.Advertisement
- His last time of furlough in Corsica is remarkable for the failure of the expedition in which he and his volunteers took part, against la Maddalena, a small island off the coast of Sardinia.
- Maria Maddalena also contain art treasures.
- On the 13th of June Ruffo and his hordes reached Naples, and after a desperate battle at the Ponte della Maddalena, entered the city.
- It is connected by a bridge with La Maddalena.
- Domenico, the chapel of the Maddalena contains old paintings of the 14th century.Advertisement
- There are now four generations that have followed Santo Cambianica, and the current descendant running the show is his nephew, Stefano Riboli, along with his wife, Maddalena, and the rest of the Riboli family.
- On site is also their Maddalena restaurant named after the family's matriarch, and they operate a fine wine shop that sells both their own wine and other domestic and imported wines.
- This line includes the higher-quality reserve wines from Maddalena Vineyards.
- Mauro Castano - Married to Maddalena, Mauro is the "right hand man" in the bakery, and an accomplished pastry chef.