Maculata sentence example
- The species from which the cultivated varieties have been derived are N. insignis, N. atomaria, N. discoidalis, and N. maculata.
- N. maculata has large white flowers blotched with violet, and its variety purpurea is of a mauve color.
- R. maculata has a deep crimson ring encircling the eye of the flower; and there is a pure white variety.
- R. atro-sanguinea differs considerably from R. maculata, being not only dwarfer, but more branched.
- The flowers, of a bright magenta color, are rather smaller than those of maculata, but average 1 inch in diameter.Advertisement
- It is rather less hardy than maculata, but sufficiently hardy for the open air.