Macrantha sentence example
- Cat Mint (Nepeta) - Herbaceous perennials, of which N. macrantha has rather showy purple flowers, but is too tall and coarse for the border.
- In mild places the common E. macrantha succeeds in the open, but, as a rule, it must be regarded as a wall shrub.
- Somewhat similar to E. macrantha is E. rubra; but the foliage is less handsome and the flowers are paler.
- Ingrami is one of the best, being hardier than E. macrantha, though not so handsome.
- Campanula Macrantha - The stems of this handsome plant rise to a height of 5 feet, terminated by clusters of large deep blue flowers almost as large as Canterbury Bells, but less contracted at the mouth of the tube.Advertisement
- I. macrantha is more stately, with huge violet-purple bells.
- Sternbergia Macrantha - This is a really handsome species, the leaves blunt and slightly glaucous, about an inch broad when fully developed about midsummer; flowers bright yellow in autumn.
- A cross between these two species, known as Alberti macrantha, has great vigour, and is more profuse in its snow-white flowers than either of the parents.
- Other showy annuals are Ce. sinuata and its variety maxima, Ce. macrantha, odorata, bistorta, Veitchiana, and Drummondi.