Machynlleth sentence example
- The town returned a member to parliament from 1536 to 1728, was again enfranchised in 1832, and now (with Llanfyllin, Llanidloes, Montgomery, Machynlleth and Newtown) forms the Montgomery district of parliamentary boroughs.
- Machynlleth (perhaps Maglona in Roman times) has Owen Glendower's "senate house" (1402), and is known as the scene of Glendower's attempted assassination by Dafydd Gam.
- Owen styled himself openly prince of Wales, established a regular government, and called a parliament at Machynlleth.
- An assembly of Welsh nobles was actually summoned to meet in 1406 at Machynlleth in an ancient building still standing and known to this day as " Owen Glendower's Parliament House."
- Towy an tr Machynlleth R e j o ' h i J l r O L; en on.Advertisement
- Bev Barratt, Machynlleth, Powys I used to live at a village called Carno and had a black Labrador.