Machine-making sentence example
- The cognate trades of bleaching, dyeing and machine-making have been long carried on.
- The industries comprise metallurgy, machine-making, chemicals, silk and cotton weaving, tanning and leather-working.
- Machine-making on a large scale is carried on by firms widely celebrated for the construction of locomotives, railway trucks and carriages, steamboilers and motors, turbines, pumps, metal bridges and roofs.
- In 1901 the number of persons employed in engineering and machine-making - including 24,122 ironfounders, 24,944 blacksmiths, 26,567 fitters, turners and erectors, 9767 boiler-makers and 18,618 undefined - amounted to 118,736.
- Iron-founding, machine-making, woolspinning and the making of paper, tobacco and musical instruments are carried on here, and the trade in wool and agricultural products is considerable.Advertisement
- The industries embrace iron-founding and machine-making, malting and tanning.
- Among other industries that have largely contributed to the welfare of the town are dyeing and bleaching, brass and iron founding, tanning, machine-making, brewing and distilling, milling, rope-making and the making of soap and candles,while the collieries in the immediate vicinity are numerous and flourishing.