Machina sentence example
- And the God he postulates is brought in ex machina like the God of the old Design argument in its roughest popular form.
- But as Wykeham was of the party of the Black Prince and his widow Joan of Kent, no dea ex machina was needed.
- It is noteworthy that Aristotle accuses Anaxagoras of failing to differentiate between vas and >/ivXi, while Socrates (Plato, Phaedo, 98 B) objects that his vas is merely a dens ex machina to which he refuses to attribute design and knowledge.
- But the former device is too obviously a dens ex machina, the purpose of which would be equally well served by supposing with Fichte the individual self to be endowed with the power of subconsciously extraditing a world which returns to it in consciousness under the form of a foreign creation.
- Reading in 1657 of Otto von Guericke's air-pump, he set himself with the assistance of Robert Hooke to devise improvements in its construction, and with the result, the "machina Boyleana" or "Pneumatical Engine," finished in 1659, he began a series of experiments on the properties of air.Advertisement
- Although MACHINA was the final album released with the Pumpkins' record label, Corgan had another album's worth of songs.
- The songs comprised MACHINA II/The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music and served as the Smashing Pumpkins' farewell.
- Download the entire MACHINA II album using the links below.
- Smashing Pumpkins - Machina II - Not just a free song, an entire album released by Billy Corgan and the Smashing Pumpkins.