Macacus sentence example
- The Formosan fauna has been but partially ascertained; but at least three kinds of deer, wild boars, bears, goats, monkeys (probably Macacus speciosus), squirrels, and flying squirrels are fairly common, and panthers and wild cats are not unfrequent.
- This monkey, Macacus inuus, is light yellowish-brown above and yellowish-white below, with the naked part of the face flesh-coloured.
- The pigtail ape (Macacus nemestrinus) - as Raffles described it in his " Descriptive Catalogue of a Zoological Collection made in Sumatra," Trans.
- There are several local races, one of which was long regarded as a separate species under the name of the Moor macaque, Macacus maurus.
- In spite of all; that has been said to the contrary, but one species of monkey (Macacus philippinensis, Geoff.) has been discovered in the Philippines.Advertisement
- Among primates, a Ceylonese monkey (Macacus pileatus) has been naturalized in Mauritius for centuries, the circumstances of introduction being unknown.
- Mammals are few in species, but remarkable, especially Macacus niger, an ape found nowhere else but in Bachian; Anoa depressicornis, a small ox-like quadruped which inhabits the mountainous districts; and the babirusa or pig-deer of the Malays.
- Among these are two monkeys of the genera Macacus and Cercopithecus, a stag (Cervus hippelaphus), a small hare, a shrewmouse, and the ubiquitous rat.