Mabinogion sentence example
- Take, for instance, the description of some of Arthur's knights in the Welsh tale of Kilhwch and Olwen (in the Mabinogion).
- Peredur will be found in Alfred Nutt's edition of the Mabinogion (1902).
- The Mabinogion tell how Harlech was a port.
- Welsh writers now assume an Irish origin for much of the contents of the Mabinogion.
- Among less important, but still conspicuous, figures may be mentioned Kay (the Kai of the Mabinogion), Arthur's foster-brother and sensechal, the type of the bluff and boastful warrior, and Bedivere (Bedwyr), the type of brave knight and faithful retainer, who alone is with Arthur at his passing, and afterwards becomes " a hermit and a holy man."Advertisement