Long-forgotten sentence example
- The work, he says, is the "production of a decided partisan," who "rakes in the ashes of long-forgotten and a thousand times buried slanders, 1 Lord Brougham, overlooking the constitutional chapter in the Middle Ages, censured Hallam for making an arbitrary beginning at this point, and proposed to write a more complete history himself.
- Recent research in bringing to light considerable portions of long-forgotten ages is revolutionizing those impressions which were based upon the Old Testament - the sacred writings of a small fraction of this.
- Before Sonya and her mother, if Boris happened to be mentioned, she spoke quite freely of that episode as of some childish, long-forgotten matter that was not worth mentioning.
- And suddenly he saw vividly before him a long-forgotten, kindly old man who had given him geography lessons in Switzerland.
- Fully uncut for the first time in the UK, it 's nice to see this long-forgotten gem finally arrive on DVD.Advertisement
- Pieces discovered in long-forgotten tombs included chairs and chests.