Logone sentence example
- In the north the country drains into Lake Chad through the Logone and Shari (q.v.).
- From it issues the Kebbi (Mao Kebi) a tributary of the Benue, and through it flows a tributary of the Logone, the chief affluent of the Shari.
- Gulfei on the lower Shari and Kusseri on the Logone are also towns of some note.
- Fort Lamy at the confluence of the Logone and Shari, and Fort de Cointet on the middle Shari, are French posts round which towns have grown.
- The central part of the marshes forms a deep lake, whence there is a channel going northward to the Logone and navigable for some months during the year.Advertisement
- Crossing the marshes he found and navigated the narrow river leading to the Logone.