Logian sentence example
- These we may call his Marcan and his Logian document.
- - The accounts of the Baptist's preaching and of the temptation are taken from the Logian document.
- Some have supposed that the same Logian document in Greek which was used by the first and third evangelists was also used by Mark.
- It may, however, fairly be called " the Logian document," as a convenient way of indicating the character of the greater part of the matter which our first and third evangelists have taken from it, and this designation is used in the articles on the Gospels of Luke and Matthew.
- But the original Aramaic Logian document may have been more largely reproduced in our Greek Matthew.Advertisement
- On the whole, as will be seen below, what appears to be a Palestinian form of the Gospeltradition is most fully represented in this Gospel; but in many instances at least this may well be due to some other cause than the use of the original Logian document.
- First, he gives in the Sermon on the Mount (v.-vii.) a considerable body of teaching, of the kind required by the disciples of Jesus generally, and a large portion of which probably also stood not far from the beginning of the Logian document.
- 24-45) combines the parallel account in the Logian document and adds Christ's reply to another attack (Luke xi.
- The best examples of this are the passages already referred to near end of §I, as probably derived from the Logian document.