Llangeitho sentence example
- This led the bishop of St David's to suspend Rowland's license, and Rowland had to confine himself to a meeting-house at Llangeitho.
- Llangeitho became the Jerusalem of Wales, and Rowland's popularity never waned until his physical powers gave way.
- A powerful revival broke out at Llangeitho in the spring of 1780, and spread to the south, but not to the north of Wales.
- Meanwhile the writings and personal example of the pious rector of Llanddowror were stirring other Welshmen in the work of revival, chief amongst them being Howell Harris of Trevecca (1713-1773), a layman of brilliant abilities but erratic temperament; and Daniel Rowland (1713-1790), curate of Llangeitho in Mid-Cardiganshire, who became in time the most eloquent and popular preacher throughout all Wales.
- Griffith Jones, preaching at Llanddewi Brefi, Cardiganshire - the place at which the Welsh Patron Saint, David, first became famous - found Daniel Rowland (1713-1790), curate of Llangeitho, in his audience, and his patronizing attitude in listening drew from the preacher a personal supplication on his behalf, in the middle of the discourse.Advertisement