Live steam sentence example
- Distillation in a vacuum is practised in two forms: - if the pump draws off steam as well as air it is termed a "wet" air-pump; if it only draws off air, it is a "dry" air-pump. In the glycerin industry the lyes obtained by saponifying the fats are first evaporated with "wet vacuum" and finally distilled with closed and live steam and a "dry vacuum."
- Two forms of steam distillation may be distinguished: - in one the still is simply heated by a steam coil wound inside or outside the still - this is termed heating by dry steam; in the other steam is injected into the mass within the still - this is the distillation with live steam of laboratory practice.
- In cases where the condenser is likely to become plugged there is a pipe by means of which live steam can be injected into the condenser.
- The pulp is heated with live steam to about 90° C., and kept at that temperature by exhaust steam in the bottom-chest.
- Tom Shelley reports A retired designer is building ' OO ' gage model locomotives that run on real live steam.Advertisement
- The pulp is heated with live steam to about 90Ã‚° C., and kept at that temperature by exhaust steam in the bottom-chest.