Liturgische sentence example
- The whole subject is exhaustively treated by Father Joseph Braun in Die liturgische Gewandung (Freiburg im Breisgau, 1907).
- The papal bulls granting the use of mitres before the nth century are all forgeries (Liturgische Gewandung, 431-448).
- Father Braun (Liturgische Gewandung, p. 457) gives a picture of a seal of Charles IV.
- The liturgy of the Lutheran church of Russia has, since 1898, been based on his Liturgische Formulare (1872).
- See Joseph Braun, S.J., Die liturgische Gewandung (Freiburg im Breisgau, 1907), pp. 2 47-3 0 5.Advertisement
- The fanone was originally a cloth like the amice and was wrapped round neck and From Braun, Liturgische Gewandung.
- Braun (reproduced in Die liturgische Gewandung).
- Braun (Liturgische Gewandung, p. 513) thinks that the symbolism of the cross may have had some influence in fixing and propagating the square shape, and he quotes a decree of the synod of Aix (1585) ordering the J g h clergy to wear a biretta sewn in the form of a cross (biretum in modum crucis consuturn, ut ecclesiasticos homines decet).
- - All previous works on vestments have been largely superseded by Father Joseph Braun's Die liturgische Gewandung (Freiburg-im-Breisgau, 1907), a monument of careful and painstaking research, profusely illustrated.