Lippstadt sentence example
- A large salt-work is found at Strzalkowo (Posen), and smaller ones near Dortmund, Lippstadt and Minden (Westphalia).
- Lippstadt was founded in 1168 by the lords of Lippe, the rights over one half of the town passing subsequently by purchase to the counts of the Mark, which in 1614 was incorporated with Brandenburg.
- In 1620 Lippstadt was occupied by the Spaniards and in 1757 by the French.
- See Chalybaus, Lippstadt, ein Beitrag zur deutschen Stddtegeschichte (Lippstadt, 1876).
- It is navigable downwards from Lippstadt, for boats and barges, by the aid of twelve locks, drawing less than 4 ft.Advertisement