Lipez sentence example
- The western range, the Cordillera Occidental, a part of the boundary between Bolivia and the northern provinces of Chile, closely follows the coast outline and forms the western rampart of the great Bolivian tableland or alta-planicie, which extends from the Vilcanota knot in Peru, south to the Serrania de Lipez on the Argentine frontier, is 500 m.
- The northern part of this plateau is commonly called the Puna; the southern part, the " desert of Lipez," in character and appearance is part of the great Puna de Atacama.
- At the southern extremity of the great plate to is the transverse Serrania de Lipez, the culminating crest of which stands 16,404 ft.
- In the extreme south the Rio Grande de Lipez is absorbed in the same way.
- The principal peaks of the Bolivian Andes and its prolongation from south to north, are Famatina, in the centre of Argentina, (20,340 ft.), Languna Blanca (18,307), Diamante (18,045), Cachi (20,000), Granadas, Lipez (19,680), Guadalupe (18,910), Chorolque (18,480), Cuzco (17,930), Enriaca (18,716), Junari (16,200), Michiga (17,410), Quimza-Cruz (18,280), Illimani (21,190) and Sorata (21,490).Advertisement