Linear momentum sentence example
- The effect of an external circulation of vortex motion on the motion of a cylinder has been investigated in § 29; a similar procedure will show the influence of circulation through a hole in a solid, taking as the simplest illustration a ring-shaped figure, with uniplanar motion, and denoting by the resultant axial linear momentum of the circulation.
- The velocity of propagation of a torsional disturbance along a wire of circular section may be found by the transfer of momentum method, remembering that we must now replace linear momentum by angular momentum.
- Thus taking nny point 0 as base, we have first a linear momentum whose components referred to rectangular axes through 0 are ~(m~), Z(m~), ~(mb); - (I)
- At the instant t+t5t the momenta of the system are equivalent to a linear momentum represented by a localized vector ~(m).(U+U) in a line through G tangential to the path of G, together with a certain angular momentum.
- The first of these may be called the Principle of Linear Momentum.Advertisement
- If there are no extraneous forces, the resultant linear momentum is constant in every respect.
- If extraneous forces act, it is seen in like manner that the resultant linear momentum of the system is in any given time modified by the geometric additiofi of the total impulse of the extraneous forces.
- The components ~, il, ~ of linear momentum are a~ aT