Lillet sentence example
- Adding more vodka and less vermouth or Lillet might enhance your idea of the perfect martini.
- Ian Fleming recommended Kina Lillet, a wine combined with citrus flavors that imparts a bitter aftertaste to the perfect martini.
- Kina Lillet is no longer sold, but Lillet Blanc makes an excellent substitute.
- Purists will note that modern lillet lacks the acerbic bitterness of yesteryear, so the perfect martini recipe will add a bit of quinine (the stuff that makes tonic water a bit bitter) to the mix.
- A small pinch of quinine powder or a touch of tonic water (no more than an eighth of a tablespoon) will do the trick if Blanc is the Lillet of your choice.Advertisement
- Lillet Rogue and Lillet Red will make for an excellent vodka martini, but won't contain the acerbic taste of Lillet Blanc.