Lilienthal sentence example
- Lilienthal, the former of whom began with Gelehrtes Preussen (1722), continued under different titles down to 1729; the latter helped with the Erldutertes Preussen (1724), and was the sole editor of the Acta borussica (1730-1732).
- Having studied law at Gottingen, he became chief magistrate at Lilienthal, near Bremen, in 1788.
- Largely with the view of studying the problem of maintaining equilibrium, several experimenters, including Otto Lilienthal, Percy Filcher and Octave Chanute, cultivated gliding flight by means of aeroplanes capable of sustaining a man.
- Filcher in England improved somewhat on Lilienthal's apparatus, but used the same general method of restoring the balance, when endangered, by shifting the weight of the operator's body.
- The "Vaticinium" was first published in Lilienthal's Gelehrtes Preussen (Konigsberg, 1723), and has been many times reprinted.Advertisement
- Schrdter of Lilienthal produced another profusely illustrated description of lunar topography.