Lignum sentence example
- Every player uses four lignum vitae bowls in single-handed games and (as a rule) in friendly games, but only two in matches.
- Andros Island and the Abaco Islands may be specially noted for their profusion of large timber, including mahogany, mastic, lignum vitae, iron and bullet woods, and many others.
- A peculiarity of larch wood is the difficulty with which it is ignited, although so resinous; and, coated with a thin layer of plaster, beams and pillars of larch might probably be found to justify Caesar's epithet " igni impenetrabile lignum "; even the small branches are not easily kept alight, and a larch fire in the open needs considerable care.
- There are also timber trees such as mahogany, ebony, teak, lignum vitae, African cedars and planes, while oil, borassus and bamboo palms are abundant.
- The forests are never made up wholly of palms, but are composed of trees of widely different characters, including many common to the Amazon region, together with others found in Central American forests, such as mahogany and "vera" or lignum vitae (Zygophyllum arboreum).Advertisement
- Guaiacum officinale L. Lignum Vitae This species yields lignum vitae wood from which is obtained the medicinal resin guaiacum officinale L. Lignum Vitae This species yields lignum vitae wood from which is obtained the medicinal resin guaiacum.
- It is made of lignum vitae, a dense tropical hardwood.
- Lignum vitae The tropical hardwood the cheeses are made from.
- Vegetation is luxuriant; magnificent forests clothe the mountains, and sandalwood, ebony and lignum vitae, besides a variety of palms, are found in them.
- Surfpick uses the exquisite lignum vitae wood to hone fine guitar picks.Advertisement