Liegeois sentence example
- John's victory over the Liegeois at Hasbain on the 23rd of September 1408, enabled him to return to Paris, where he was reinstated in his ancient privileges.
- Capitaine, Recherches sur les journaux et les ecrits periodiques liegeois (1850); Releve de tous les ecrits periodiques qui se publient dans le royaume de Belgique (1875); Catalogue des journaux, revues, et publications periodiques de la Belgique (1910); Revue bibliographique belge.
- The French army, similarly arrayed, but with a few battalions attached to the cavalry wings, was more heterogeneous than the German, being composed of French, Hessian, German mercenaries, and Liegeois.
- Leopold, therefore, who made his debut on the European stage as the executor of the ban of the Empire against the insurgent Liegeois, was free to pose as the champion of order against the Revolution, without needing to fear the resentment of his subjects.
- On the 25th of August 1466 Charles took possession of Dinant, which he pillaged and sacked, and succeeded in treating at the same time with the Liegeois.Advertisement
- After the death of Philip the Good (r5th June 1467), the Liegeois renewed hostilities, but Charles defeated them at St Trond, and made a victorious entry into Liege, which he dismantled and deprived of some of its privileges.
- In the course of the negotiations the duke was informed of a fresh revolt of the Liegeois secretly fomented by Louis.
- When visiting Aqua, don't forget about dessert, with such enticing options such as Passion Fruit Souffle and Strawberry Liegeois.