Liebe sentence example
- His first work, Die Erste Liebe zu Christo, to which in modern times attention was again directed by Leo Tolstoy, appeared in 1696.
- See Calwer-Zeller, Theologisches Handworterbuch, and the account of him in Albert Knapp's new edition of Die erste Liebe zu Christo (1845).
- Among other of his works may be mentioned the short stories, Junge Liebe (1878), Salle Geschichten (1880), and the novels Moschko von Parma (1880), Ein Kampf ums Recht (1882), Der Prtisident (1884), Judith Trachtenberg (1890), Der W ahrheitsucher (5894).
- Count Auersperg's first publication, a collection of lyrics, Bleitter der Liebe (1830), showed little originality; but his second production, Der letzte Ritter (1830), brought his genius to light.
- He did not even feel secure against extradition in Mannheim, and after several weeks spent mainly in the village of Oggersheim, where his third drama, Luise Millerin, or, as it was subsequently renamed, Kabale and Liebe, was in great part written, he found a refuge at Bauerbach in Thuringia, in the house of Frau von Wolzogen, the mother of one of his former schoolmates.Advertisement
- In July 1783 Schiller received a definite appointment for a year as "theatre poet" in Mannheim, and here both Fiesco and Kabale and Liebe were performed in 1784.
- Kabale and Liebe, especially, is an admirable example of that "tragedy of common life" which Lessing had introduced into Germany from England and which bulked so largely in the German literature of the later 18th century.
- The two poets had first met in 1788, but at that time Goethe, fresh from Italy, felt little inclination towards the author of the turbulent dramas Die Rduber, Kabale and Liebe and Don Carlos.
- In 1657 Silesius published under the title Heilige Seelenlust, oder geistliche Hirtenlieder der in ihren Jesum verliebten Psyche (1657), a collection of 205 hymns, the most beautiful of which, such as, Liebe, die du mich zum Bilde deiner Gottheit hast gemacht and Mir nach, spricht Christus, unser Held, have been adopted in the German Protestant hymnal.
- Leonore (Barger); Der traurige Monch (Lenau); Des todten Dichter's Liebe (Jokai); Der blinde Sanger (Tolstoy).Advertisement