Li hung-chang sentence example
- Next year Patenotre signed with Li Hung Chang a treaty of peace at Tien-tsin, by which the French protectorate in Annam and Tongking was recognized, and both parties agreed to remain within their own borders in the future.
- During the period 1874-1894, when Li Hung-Chang was viceroy of Chih-li and ex officio superintendent of trade, he made Tientsin his headquarters and the centre of his experiments in military and naval education.
- The Chi-fu convention was signed here in 1876 by Sir Thomas Wade and Li-Hung-Chang.
- It was mainly due to his active interest in military and naval affairs that he was able to meet Li Hung-chang at the end of the Chinese and Japanese War (1895) as the representative of the conquering state, and the conclusion of the Anglo-Japanese Alliance in 1902 testified to his triumphant success in raising Japan to the first rank among civilized powers.
- After the meeting with Li Hung Chang the " Ever-Victorious Army " again advanced and took a number of towns from the rebels, ending with Chanchufu, the principal military position of the Taipings.Advertisement