Lezioni sentence example
- His Prolusioni alla Storia della Filosofia and Lezioni sulla Filosofia della Storia were connected with his professorial work, which was specially devoted to the history of philosophy and the philosophy of history.
- Although bitterly opposed by the partisans of scholastic routine, Genovesi found influential patrons, amongst them Bartolomeo Intieri, a Florentine, who in 1754 founded the first Italian or European chair of political economy (commerce and mechanics), on condition that Genovesi should be the first professor, and that it should never be held by an ecclesiastic. The fruit of Genovesi's professorial labours was the Lezioni di Commercio, the first complete and systematic work in Italian on economics.
- Specially noteworthy in the Lezioni are the sections on human wants as the foundation of economical theory, on labour as the source of wealth, on personal services as economic factors, and on the united working of the great industrial functions.
- He was the author of four scientific treatises: Lezioni di fisica (2 vols., Pisa, 1841), Lezioni sui fenomeni fisicochimici dei corgi viventi (Pisa, 1844), Manuale di telegrafia elettrica (Pisa, 1850) and Cours special sur l'induction, le magnetisme de rotation, &c. (Paris, 1854).
- His chief work is his Lezioni di letteratura italiana, of which the dominant note is the conviction that Italian literature "is as the very soul of the nation, seeking, in opposition to medieval mysticism, reality, freedom, independence of reason, truth and beauty" (P. Villari).Advertisement
- A selection from Torricelli's manuscripts was published by Tommaso Bonaventura in 1715, with the title Lezioni accademiche (Florence).
- Giobbio, I Concordati (Monza, 1900); idem, Lezioni di diplomazia ecclesiastica (Rome, 1899-1903); Cardinal Cavagnis, Institutiones juris publici ecclesiastici (Rome, 1906).
- His most important works are: Lettere filosofiche (1827), in which he traces his philosophical development; Elementi di fclosofia (1832); Saggio filosofcco sulla critica della conoscenza (1819-1832); Sull' analisi e sulla sintesi (1807); Lezioni di logica e di metafisica (1832-1836); Filosofia della volontd (1832-1842, x1.14 a incomplete); Storia della filosofia (i., 1842); Considerazioni filosofiche sull' idealismo trascendentale (1841), a memoir on the system of Fichte.