Leuchtenberg sentence example
- Of its secular buildings the most noticeable are the town hall and the Leuchtenberg palace, once the residence of the prince bishops and later of the dukes of Leuchtenberg (now occupied by the court of justice of the district), with beautiful grounds.
- In 1817 it was given, with the duchy of Leuchtenberg, as a mediatized domain under the Bavarian crown, by the king of Bavaria to his son-in-law Eugene de Beauharnais, ex-viceroy of Italy, henceforth styled duke of Leuchtenberg.
- (1826-1872), king of Sweden and Norway, eldest son of Oscar I., king of Sweden and Norway, and Josephine Beauharnais of Leuchtenberg, was born on the 3rd of May 1826.
- The house of Beauharnais is still represented in Russia by the dukes of Leuchtenberg, descendants of Prince Eugene.
- On the 19th of June 1823 he married the princess Josephine, daughter of Eugene de Beauharnais, duke of Leuchtenberg, and granddaughter of the empress Josephine.Advertisement
- She was twice married - in December 1834 to Augustus, duke of Leuchtenberg, who died four months afterwards; and in April 1836 to Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg, who received the title of king consort in September 1837.
- On the downfall of the Napoleonic regime Eugene retired to Munich, where he continued to reside, with the title duke of Leuchtenberg and prince of Eichstadt.