Lesourdsville sentence example
- And even though it closed its doors after 80 years in 2002, memories from this long-running family theme park, which originally touted the name LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park, remain strong.
- That was when area resident Edgar Streifthau opened LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park in Monroe, Ohio.
- Even though the theme park changed its name in the 1970s to Americana Amusement Park, LeSourdsville Lake was the place to be each summer.
- With its 10-cent admission and nearby vacation cabins, LeSourdsville Lake attracted thousands of visitors each season.
- The 1940s and 1950s seemed to be greatest time of growth for LeSourdsville Lake.Advertisement
- By the mid-1950s, when Disneyland open its gates in Southern California, amusements parks such as LeSourdsville Lake were trying to compete, but couldn't.
- By 1960, because of declining attendance and the inability to modernize the park, LeSourdsville Lake was sold to former Cedar Point concessionaires Frank Murru and Howard Berni.
- It was at this time that the Americana Amusement Park in Ohio returned to its original name: LeSourdsville Lake.
- Through Facebook, LeSourdsville Lake/America was able to start a fan page dedicated to this Southern Ohio park.