Lemgo sentence example
- LEMGO, a town of Germany, in the principality of Lippe, in a broad and fertile plain, 9 m.
- The chief industry of Lemgo is the manufacture of meerschaum pipes, which has attained here a high pitch of excellence; other industries are weaving, brewing and the manufacture of leather and cigars.
- ENGELBRECHT KAEMPFER (1651-1716), German traveller and physician, was born on the 16th of November 1651 at Lemgo in Lippe-Detmold, Westphalia, where his father was a pastor.
- He died at Lemgo on the 2nd of November 1716.
- (Lemgo, 1712), a selection from his papers giving results of his invaluable observations in Georgia, Persia and Japan.Advertisement
- The system of the quadratic and cubic, consisting of 15 forms, and that of two cubics, consisting of 26 forms, were obtained by Salmon and Clebsch; that of the cubic and quartic we owe to Sigmund Gundelfinger (Programm Stuttgart, 186 9, 1 -43); that of the quadratic and quintic to Winter (Programm Darmstadt, 1880); that of the quadratic and sextic to von Gall (Programm Lemgo, 3873); that of two quartics to Gordan (Math.