Leja sentence example
- 20), and the modern district of the Leja; inscriptions have been found in the Leja giving Trachon as its former name.
- According to Porter (Journal Soc. Lit., 18 54, p. 303), the name is locally restricted to the plain south of the Leja and the narrow strip on the west; although it is loosely applied by strangers to the whole country east of the Jaulan.
- The fourth province, Batanaea, which still is remembered in the name `Ard el-Bathaniyeh, lies east of the Leja and the Hauran plain, and includes the Jebel ed-Druz or Hauran mountain.
- It has been equated on philological grounds to the Leja.
- The confidence with which the great cities of Og were identified with the extensive remains of ancient sites in the Leja and Hauran has also been shown to be without justification.Advertisement
- The latter is probably to be identified with Bosra, the former perhaps with the present Busr el-Hariri in the south-east corner of the Leja.