Legypte sentence example
- (Paris, 1809I 822), compiled by the scientific commiitsion sent to Egypt by Bonaparte; Clot Bey, Aperu giniral sur lEgypte, 2 vols.
- (Paris, 1840); Boinet Bey, Dictionnaire giographique de lEgypte (Cairo, 1899); Murrays and Baedekers handbooks and Guide Joanne; G.
- Napoleons great military expedition in 1798 was accompanied by a scientific commission including artists and archaeologists, the results of whose labors fill several of the magnificent volumes of the, Description de lEgypte.
- See also Maqrizi, Description topo~raphique et historique de lEgypte, translated by Bourianc (Paris, 1895, &c.); C. H.
- This was the termination of the French occupation of Egypt, of which the chief permanent monument was the Description de lEgypte, compiled by the French savants who accompanied the expedition.Advertisement