Legrand sentence example
- Antony Legrand, from Douai, attempted to introduce it into Oxford, but failed.
- Napoleon, on the other hand, with the exact knowledge of the powers of his men, which was the secret of his generalship, entrusted nearly half of his line of battle to a division (Legrand's) of Soult's corps, which was to be supported by Davout, some of whose brigades had marched, from Vienna, 90 m.
- The Austrian advanced guard engaged at daybreak, and the French in Telnitz made a vigorous defence; both parties were reinforced, and Legrand drew upon himself, in fulfilling his mission, the whole weight of the allied attack.
- The contest was long and doubtful, but the Russians gradually drove back Legrand and a part of Davout's corps; numerous attacks both of infantry and cavalry were made, and by the successive arrival of reinforcements each side in turn received fresh impetus.
- Pleasant; Penn College (Friends, 1873) at Oskaloosa; St Joseph's College (Roman Catholic, 1873) at Dubuque; Parsons College (Presbyterian, 1875) at Fairfield; Coe College (Presbyterian, 1881) at Cedar Rapids; Drake University (Disciples of Christ, 1881) at Des Moines; Palmer College (Disciples of Christ, 1889) at Legrand; Buena Vista College (Presbyterian, 1891) at Storm Lake; Charles City College (Methodist Episcopal, 1891) at Charles City; Morningside College (Methodist Episcopal, 1894) at Sioux City; Graceland College (Reorganized Church of Latter Day Saints, 1895) at Lamoni.Advertisement
- Legrand in the Collection des monuments pour servir a l'etude de la langue neohellenique, new series, vi.
- Legrand, Etude sur Theocrite (1898); (iv.) Textual Questions.
- Alfred Louis Olivier Legrand des Cloizeaux >>
- But success was reserved for Legrand, an obscure deputy who proposed the simple name of National Assembly.
- Withdrawing his own motion, Sieyes adopted Legrand's suggestion, which was carried by 491 votes to 90.Advertisement