Legnago sentence example
- The most considerable towns on its banks (south of Botzen) are Trent and Rovereto, in Tirol, and Verona and Legnago, in Italy.
- The Adige, formed by the junction of two streams—the Etsch or Adige proper and the Eisak, both of which belong to Tirol rather than to Italy—descends as far as Verona, where it enters the great plain, with a course from north to south nearly parallel to the rivers last described, and would seem likely to discharge its waters into those of the Po, but below Legnago it turns eastward and runs parallel to the Po for about 40 m., entering the Adriatic by an independent mouth about 8 m.
- LEGNAGO, a fortified town of Venetia, Italy, in the province of Verona, on the Adige, 29 m.
- Legnago is one of the famous Quadrilateral fortresses.
- Legnago is the birthplace of G.Advertisement
- to Legnago, and steam tramways to Cologna Veneta, Coriano and S.
- They fortified it strongly in 1814, and with Peschiera, Mantua and Legnago it formed part of the famous quadrilateral which until 1866 was the chief support of their rule in Italy.
- Vito al Tagliamento Io,160; total of province 614,270, number of communes 179; Venice 148,471, Chioggia 31,218, Cavarzere 16,388, Mira 12,169, Mestre 11,625; total of province 399,823, number of communes 50; Verona 73,917, Legnago 14,535; total of province 427,018, number of communes 113; Vicenza 43,703, Bassano 15,097; Schio 13,524; Arzignano 10,426, Lonigo 10,390; total of province 453, 621, number of communes 123.