Legem sentence example
- In convocation, when the supremacy was discussed (11th of February 1531), he declared that acceptance would cause the clergy "to be hissed out of the society of God's holy Catholic Church"; and it was his influence that brought in the saving clause, quantum per legem Dei licet.
- For example, Bodin gives a list of the of Sove- properties of majestas or sovereignty: (a) " Legem reignty.
- For this cause therefore, having received perfect foreknowledge, they appointed the aforesaid, and afterwards gave a further injunction (1rwou17v has now the further evidence of the Latin legem) that, if these should fall asleep, other approved men should succeed to their ministry..
- That right is expressed in the Great Charter in the words: "Nullus liber homo capiatur vel imprisonetur aut dissaisietur aut utlagetur, aut exuletur aut aliquo modo destruatur nec super eum ibimus nec super eum mittemus, nisi per legale judicium parium suorum, vel per legem terrae."
- The germ at least of this idea is to be found in Tertullian, who says: " Acceperat Adam a Deo legem non gustandi de arbore agnitionis boni et mali, moriturus si gustasset; verum et ipse tunc in psychicum reversus ...Advertisement
- In the following year he published at Vienna his famous work, Theoria philosophiae naturalis redacta ad unicam legem virium in natura existentium, containing his atomic theory (see MOLECULE).