Lefthand sentence example
- The (primitively) right-hand organs of the complex thus become lefthand, and vice versa.
- Its superficial extent is seen when the folds covering the shell are cut away and the shell removed; the external surface forms a triangle with its base bordering the pericardium, and its apex directed posteriorly and reaching to the lefthand posterior corner of the shell-chamber.
- The coin is balanced by the brass counterpoise J on the lefthand hanger and by little weights made of wire attached to the right-hand hanger at K.
- To correct this tendency the spring is usually made half with right-hand spiral and half with lefthand spiral.
- Biot further ascertained that this rotation of the plane of polarization varies as the distance traversed in the plate and very nearly as the inverse square of the wave-length, and found that with certain specimens of quartz the rotation is in a clockwise or right-handed direction to an observer receiving the light, while in others it is in the opposite direction, and that equal plates of the rightand lefthand varieties neutralize one another's effects.Advertisement
- June 28 2003 Nicely undercover in the shed are various items including the outside lefthand crosshead (re-metalled) and the piston.
- June 21 2003 © Colin Henderson The lefthand outside crosshead has been remetalled and was scrapped to provide a good fit.