Lecidea sentence example
- Usnea, Cladonia, Physcia, Parmelia, Calicium, many species of Lecidea, &c., Trentepohlia (Chroolepus) umbrina in many species of Verrucaria, Graphidieae and Lecidea; Palmella botryoides in Epigloea; Pleurococcus vulgaris in Acarospora, Dermatocarpon, Catillaria; Dactylococcus infusionum in Solorina, Nephromia; After Sachs, from De Bary's Vergleichende Morphologie and Biologie der Pilze, Mycetozoen and Bacterien, by permission of Wilhelm Engelmann.
- Lecidea jurana, L.
- Lecanora metaboloides, Lecidea decolorans), while sometimes they are white or glaucous, rarely greenish, pruinose.
- It is possible that specimens of such long-lived species as Lecidea geographica actually outrival in longevity the oldest trees.
- Lecanora calcarea, Lecidea calcivora and several Verrucariae), while all other saxicolous lichens may be regarded as belonging to the latter, whatever may be the mineralogical character of the substratum.Advertisement
- Lecanora Prevostii, Lecidea calcivora) have the power of forming minute cavities in the rock, in which they are partially buried.
- Cladonia, Lecidea decolorans), others calcareous soil (e.g.
- Lecidea, Bouteillei, Strigula).
- Lecidea vitellinaria) or common to several species (e.g.
- Lecidea geographica).Advertisement
- The lichen flora of temperate regions again is essentially distinguished from the preceding by the frequency of corticolous species belonging to Lecanora, Lecidea and Graphidei.
- Lecidea), sometimes obsolete, and which are occa sionally irregular in shape, angular or flexuose (e.g.
- Lecanora crassa, Lecidea decipiens), others sandy soil or hardened mud (e.g.