Lechfeld sentence example
- First (908-910) they ravaged Thuringia, Swabia and Bavaria, and defeated the Germans on the Lechfeld, whereupon the German king Henry I.
- The catastrophe of the Lechfeld convinced the leading Magyars of the necessity of accommodating themselves as far as possible to the Empire, especially in the matter of religion.
- Otto marched against them, and in a battle fought on the Lechfeld on the 10th of August 955 the king's troops gained a brilliant victory which completely freed Germany from these invaders; while in the same year Otto also defeated the Sla y s who had been ravaging the Saxon frontier.
- The ravages of the Hungarians ceased after their defeat on the Lechfeld in 955, and the area of the duchy was temporarily increased by the addition of certain adjacent districts in Italy.
- The great battle against D f these foes was fought on the 10th of August 955 on the Lechfeld near Augsburg.Advertisement
- In August 955 he gained a great victory over the Magyars on the rfh of Baben house - Lechfeld, freed Bavaria from their presence, and re- berg.