Lavenham sentence example
- He was made rector of Lavenham in Suffolk in 1644; and before he received that appointment he seems to have officiated, perhaps as curate, at Sudbury.
- The weight per acre, the saccharine contents of the juice, and the quotient of purity compared favourably with the best results obtained in Germany or France, and with those achieved by the Suffolk farmers, who between 1868 and 1872 supplied Mr Duncan's beetroot sugar factory at Lavenham; for the weight of their roots rarely reached 15 tons per acre, and the percentage of sugar in the juice appears to have varied between 10 and 12.
- After being at a school at Lavenham, he was in 1758 placed in a mercantile house at Lynn, but showed no taste for commercial pursuits.
- chestnut gelding from the Rev Buck at Lavenham.
- July 22 nd 1869 Mr Duncan of Lavenham sugar beet factory has given five silver cups to be competed for in different classes.Advertisement
- William Smith a gypsy, charged with stealing a chestnut gelding from the Rev Buck at Lavenham.
- James Lumley was charged with stealing a bundle of straw plait from the gig of Frederick William Bethel at Lavenham.
- Lavenham took off in the middle ages thanks to the wool trade.