Lavalle sentence example
- After the conclusion of the peace with Brazil, the Unitarians placed themselves under the leadership of General Juan de Lavalle, the victor of Ituzaingo.
- Lavalle, at the head of a division of troops, drove Dorrego from Buenos Aires, pursued him into the interior, and captured him.
- He was shot (December 9, 1828), by the order of Lavalle, and during the year 1828 the country was given up to the horrors of civil war.
- Jose Antonio Lavalle and Narciso Arestegui are chiefly known as novelists.
- It was captured by the Argentine general Lavalle in 1827, and figured conspicuously in most of the civil wars of Argentina.Advertisement
- In 1829 he defeated Lavalle, made himself master of Buenos Aires, and in the course of the next threeears made his authority recognized S' y g after much fighting throughout the provinces.
- A formidable revolt took place in 183 9 under General Lavalle, who had returned to the country accompanied by a number of banished Unitarians.