Latters sentence example
- At the latters death in 1830 Ferdinand now flew to arms, and the Austrian garrisons, except in the Quadrilateral (Verona, Peschiera, Mantua and Legnano) were expelled.
- It established that all Italian cabinets since 1880 had grossly neglected the state banks; that the two preceding cabinets had been aware of the irregularities committed by Tanlongo; that Tanlongo had heavily subsidized the press, paying as much as 20,000 for that purpose in 1888 alone; that a number of deputies, including several ex-ministers, had received from him loans of a considerable amount, which they had apparently made no effort to refund; that Giolitti had deceived the Chamber with regard to the state banks, and was open tosuspicion of having,after the arrest of Tanlongo, abstracted a number of documents from the latters papers before placing the remainder in the hands of the judicial authorities.
- In January 1903 Sign.or Prinetti, the minister for foreign affairs, resigned on account of ill-health, and was succeeded by 1903 Admiral Mon., while Admiral Bettolo took the latters 1905.
- The latters magnum opus, Kojikiden (Exposition of the Record of Ancient Matters), declared by Chamberlain to be perhaps the most admirable work of which Japanese erudition can boast, consists of 44 large volumes, devoted to elucidating the Kojiki and resuscitating the ShintO cult as it existed in the earliest days.
- Rameses in his brief reign of two years planned and began the great colonnaded hall of Karnak, proving that he was a man of great ideas, though probably too old to carry them out; this task he left to his son Seti I., who reigned one year with his father and on the latters death was ready at once to subdue the Bedouin Shasu, who had invaded Palestine and withheld all tribute.Advertisement
- The latters palace was at Sari, then a small and partly fortified town, thickly inhabited, and with a plentifully-supplied market.
- During the latters tenure of office an agreement was concluded between the Persian and British governments regarding the British telegraph settlement at Jask, and the telegraph conventions of 1868 and I872 relative to telegraphic communication between Europe and India through Persia, in force until the 1st of January 1895, were prolonged until the 31st of January 1905 by two conventions dated the 3rd of July f887.
- of Geiger and Kuhns Grundriss der iranischen Philologie (Strassburg, 1906); also the latters Hofische und romantische Poesie der Perser (1887), and fit ystisck~ didaktische und lyrische Poesie und das spatere Schriftthum der P~ser (1888).
- The latters success was of brief duration; for on the 18th of February 1563 Poltrot de Mr assassinated him before Orleans, which he was trying to take once and for all.