Larne sentence example
- of Larne in Co.
- After holding various commands he commissioned the "Larne," 20, for the East Indies and was senior naval officer at Rangoon during the Burmese War from May to September 1824.
- It is now best known for its fine linen, which ranks with that of Larne.
- On both coasts there are several frequented watering-places, of which may be mentioned on the north Portrush (with well-known golf links), Port Ballintrae and Ballycastle; on the east Cushendun, Cushendall and Milltown on Red Bay, Carn Lough and Glenarm, Larne, and Whitehead on Belfast Lough.
- The so-called Island Magee is a peninsula separating Larne Lough from the Irish Channel.Advertisement
- The chief routes are: - Belfast, Antrim, Ballymena (and thence to Coleraine and Londonderry); a line diverging from this at White Abbey to Carrickfergus and Larne, the port for Stranraer in Scotland; branches from Ballymena to Larne and to Parkmore; and from Coleraine to Portrush.
- Bayer, whose improved process is exploited at Larne in Ireland and at Gardanne in France.
- Branch lines run to Larne and to Parkmore on the east coast.
- At Larne, Greenore and in the neck between Howth and Dublin, these raised beaches remain conspicuous.
- Down) with Holyhead, Larne (Co.Advertisement
- emigrant ship ' The Friends Goodwill ' left Larne in 1717.
- The Larne Coast is an undulating lowland to the east of the Larne Basalt Moorland.