Larmor sentence example
- Larmor, Aether and Matter, p. 262 and passim.
- Larmor 7 developed the same idea, and arrived by a very simple method at an approximation estimate of the shift to be expected.
- Larmor and many others, the electronic hypothesis of matter and of electricity has been developed in great detail and may be said to represent the outcome of modern researches upon electrical phenomena.
- Larmor suggests is due to relaxation of the spring of the surrounding ether by reason of the crowding of the molecules; a shift of 0.17 tenth-metres would, if interpreted by Doppler's principle, have been read as a receding velocity of I I km.
- The modulation frequency corresponds to the Larmor precession frequency of the spin, or the Zeeman energy splitting of the spin quantum state.Advertisement