Larga sentence example
- In 1768 he quitted the Guards and was attached to the court as a Kammerherr, but in 1769 he volunteered for the Turkish War and distinguished himself at Khotin, Focshani and Larga, besides routing the Turks at Olta.
- He had seen the young prince grow up in the palace of the Via Larga, and had helped in the development of his rare intellect.
- At the head of an independent command in Moldavia and Walachia, he prevented a large Turkish army from crossing the Pruth (1770); distinguished himself at the actions of Larga and Kagula; and captured Izmail and Kilia.
- He was present at the engagements of Larga and Kaluga, and at the storming of Silistria.
- The facade of Oriel College on the High Street has a chronogram commemorating the benefactor: " e Larga MVnIfICrntIa CÃ¦CILII rhoDes " .Advertisement