Larcher sentence example
- PIERRE HENRI LARCHER (1726-1812), French classical scholar and archaeologist, was born at Dijon on the 12th of October 1726.
- Larcher's best work was his translation of Herodotus (1786, new ed.
- This was followed in 1786 by the French translation of Larcher, a valuable work, accompanied by copious notes and essays.
- Beloe, the second English translator, based his work on that of Larcher.Advertisement
- In 1822 Auguste Miot endeavoured to improve on Larcher; and in 1828-1832 Dr Adolf Scholl brought out a German translation with copious notes (new ed., 1855), which has to some extent superseded the work of Lange.
- Pierre Henri Larcher >>