Laoag sentence example
- LAOAG, a town, port for coasting vessels, and capital of the province of Ilocos Norte, Luzon, Philippine Islands, on the Laoag river, about 5 m.
- Pop. (1903) 34,454; in 1903, after the census had been taken, the municipality of San Nicolas (pop. 1903, 10,880) was added to Laoag.
- Laoag is on an extensive coast plain, behind which is a picturesque range.
- of hills; it is well built and is noted for its fine climate, the name "Laoag" signifying "clear."
- of Laoag, the capital.Advertisement
- Laoag in north Luzon with a population of 19,699, Iloilo in Panay with a population of 19,054, Cebu with a population of 18,330, and Nueva Caceres in south Luzon (r0,201), were the only towns with a population exceeding ro,000; and Manila (219,928) was the only city.
- Laoag >>