Lanzi sentence example
- designed by Bernardo Rossellino, and now the Banca d'Italia; the enormous block of the Monte de' Paschi, a bank of considerable wealth and antiquity, enlarged and partly rebuilt in the original style between 1877 and 1881, the old Dogana and Salimbeni palaces; the Palazzo Spannochi, a fine early Renaissance building by Giuliano da Maiano (now the post office); the Loggia di Mercanzia (15th century), now a club, imitating the Loggia dei Lanzi at Florence, with sculptures of the 15th century; the Loggia del Papa, erected by Pius II.; and other fine buildings.
- At one end this street is terminated by the Siegestor, while at the other is the Feldherrenhalle (or hall of the marshals), a copy of the Loggia dei Lanzi at Florence, containing statues of Tilly and Wrede by Schwanthaler.
- The Dominicans from one side, the Franciscans from the other, marched in solemn procession to the Loggia dei Lanzi, which had been divided by a.
- Lanzi in Notizie degli scavi, 9 7, 595 seq.
- p. 168 (Prato, 1823), and Storia della calcografia (Prato, 1831); Lanzi, Storia pittor'ca, ep. i.Advertisement
- LUIGI LANZI (1732-1810), Italian archaeologist, was born in 1732 and educated as a priest.
- In his memoir on the so-called Etruscan vases (Dei vasi antichi dipinti volgarmente chiamati Etruschi, 1806) Lanzi rightly perceived their Greek origin and characters.
- Lanzi died on the 30th of March 1810.
- Luigi Lanzi >>
- - Lanzi happily designates Sienese painting as "Lieta scuola fra lieto popolo" ("the blithe school of a blithe people").Advertisement
- About the same time Leonardo took part in the debate on the proper site for Michelangelo's newly finished colossal "David," and voted in favour of the Loggia dei Lanzi, against a majority which included Michelangelo himself.